About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Saturday, August 3, 2013

TRIPE, SAUSAGE, AND PASTA IN A RICH VEGTABLE TOMATO SAUCE ASHTON STYLE # 190



Tripe is one of those recipes that the poor made because it was very inexpensive
and one could combine with other vegtables, pasta,and herbs to make a very good dinner
at little to no cost. The problem is that the discription of the kind of meat it was and
where it came from was not always appreciated when one was told it was from the stomach
of a cow! This recipe is different from the "Tripe Stew" recipe #157. The focus of that
recipe was using a variety of vegtables and herbs. It did contain tomato sauce though it
was not the focus. This recipe that I am giving you does focus on the use of tomato sauce
with neckbones, sausage,and pasta with the tripe. I can honestly say that the recipe is
one that I am very pleased to make and I believe it is one that you will find to be a very
wonderful dinner! my cousins carli and frank loved it even though they Please don't let
had never tried it before.the name Tripe prevent you from trying it!
INGREDIENTS:
2 lbs of tripe
1 pigs foot cut in half length
wise
1 lb of pork neckbones (OPTIONAL)
5 carrots, peeled and sliced
4 stalks of celery sliced
5 carrots peeled and slightly
thin sliced
6 cloves of garlic, peeled
and smashed
1 lb of Italian sausage cut
in 1 inch pieces
2 cans of Contadina Tomato paste
1 can of Contadina crushed tomatos
16 oz of sparkling white wine
1/2 cup of white vinegar
2 tbls of dried basil
1 lb mostacioli pasta
2 tbls of Millers or equivilent
chicken base
2 oz of sugar
pinch of red pepper flakes
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
3 bay leaves (removed at end)
DIRECTIONS:
1. pour 2 qts of water into
a large soup pot over moderate
high heat
2. add the pork foot, 1 1/2 lbs of
cleaned tripe
3. add 2 tbls of Millers or equivilent
chicken base
4. simmer for about 1 1/2 hrs
5. remove the tripe and cut into
about 4 inch pieces
6. pour 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
into a large fry pan over moderate
high heat
7. add the sliced onions, celery, peeked
and sliced carrots and the 6 cloves of
smashed garlic
8. simmer the covered vegtables about a good 1/2
hour and then remove and set aside

No comments:

Post a Comment