About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

LOBSTER RAVIOLI , ASHTON STYLE # 202


If you want to taste great seafood I would go to the East coast especially Maine. I can honestly say I have had the best tasting fish and shell food there. I also recomend Baltimore harbor where they actually have the best crab cakes, and crab imperial there. Anywhere along the coast one can get great lobster, whole or in various recipes. The one I am giving you now is a variation that I highly recomend. Its called lobster ravioli and I know you will enjoy it very much! I beleive the best dough to make the ravioli is to make it fresh. I admit it is some what of a pain to make but I believe its well worth it. I also recomend using the meat from a fresh 1 1/4 pound lobster even if it costs too much. One can use imitation lobster but you get what you pay for!
SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, peeled, cut in half
and sliced
3 to 4 carrots, peeled and either sliced
or juliened cut
3 stalks of celery cut into 1/4 inch pieces
3 sprigs thyme
1/2 tsp pepper
1 bunch escarole torn in small pieces
2 cups fish stock that I get from a local
fish market that you can buy 1 1/2 lbs for
about $2
2 cups heavy cream
DIRECTIONS FOR SAUCE:
1. pour the oil into a large fry pan
over moderate heat
2. add the onions, celery, carrots, pepper,
and saute until the onions are slightly
brown
3. add the fish stock, thyme,escarole,
and continue to saute about 15 minutes
4. add the heavy cream slowly and stir
slowly
5. simmer on low heat about 1/2 hr
DOUGH FOR RAVIOLI INGREDIENTS:
1.2 1/3 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp salt
2 beaten large eggs
1/3 cup of water
1 tsp oil
DIRECTIONS FOR MAKING DOUGH RAVAOLLI
1. mix 2 cups flour and salt in a
large bowl
2. mix 2 eggs, water and oil in a small bowl
3. pour the flour on a large cutting board
4. make a well in the middle of the flour and
pour the egg mixture into the hole
5. mix the dough starting in the middle and
slowly keep stiring until you have a ball
of dough
6. let the dough set about 10 minutes
7. cut the dough into 3 parts and flatten
out to about 1/2 inch
8. using a pasta machine, lengthen the dough
and set the machine roller wide and slightly
flour the dough and roll it through
9. turn the width a notch at a time and put the
dough through and continue making it smaller
until it is about 1/16th
10. I then use a Norwegian 2 inch samd bakkels metal shape
and press down and remove
11. add the lobster meat to the middle and then wet the
second shape and add on top and press until the two
are together
DIDRECTIONS FOR THE LOBSTER MEAT;
1. cut the lobster into small pieces
2. put the meat into a medium bowl
3. add 1/2 tsp of pepper, 1/2 tsp of
Hungarian paprika, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
4. 1 tsp of water or white wine
5. mix ingredients until well combined
6. place a good tbls in the middle of the
of dough and wet the edge of the dough and
press together
7. repeat until all are made
8. boil the ravioli about 6 minutes in 3 qts
of water and then drain
9. put 4 ravioli on each persons platter
and pour the sauce generouly on top and
serve





No comments:

Post a Comment