About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Thursday, August 15, 2013

ITALIAN AMARETTO CHEESE CAKE, ASHTON STYLE #200



I have been wondering what I should make for the 200th recipe. When I started this blog I had no idea how many recipes I would make and which ones I would decide to create. The recipes I ended up with went from chicken feet soup to tripe stew and all kinds of various recipes in between. My wife asked me why I was obsessed with this recipe blog. My answer is I love to cook. Actually not just cook but cook well. Most of the recipes you see in the blog I have made. Any others are variations from recipes from my mother or father or and aunt or uncle.
I finely decided to put in an Italian recipe that I have not only made but was pleased in comparing this cheese cake wih others I have made. This cheese cake is a delicious recipe that if you would buy it in a restaurant would cost you an arm and a leg. Most cheese eakes are very good but there are some that people make that are just plain bad. I urge you to try this recipe and let me know what you think. This actually goes for any of the 200 recipes in this blog. I am not saying that every one is fantastic but I can say that I have tried to make every one special and unique! ENJOY
INGREDIENTS: PRE HEAT OVEN TO 325 DEGREES
1 10 inch springform pan
3 pkg of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
16 oz of mascarpone cheese
(leave it out for a few hours until soft
4oz of good sour cream for mixed with
1 pint of heavy cream to make creme fraiche
1 1/2 cups of sugar
3 oz of sugar to mix with the cookies
1 1/2 cups of crushed Amaretto cookies
4 eggs put into the mixer one at a time
1 tbs Amaretto extract
1/3 stick of butter melted
2 cups of pistachios crushed

DIRECTIONS:
1. mix the crushed Amaretto cookies with
the melted butter and 3 tbs of sugar
until all is combined.Cover the bottom
of the spring form pan evenly with the cookie
mix. bake 10 minutes at 325 degrees and remove
3. in a Kitchen Aid mixer beat cream cheese,
,1 1/2 cups of sugar, Amaretto extract,a cup of
crushed pistachios until well combined
4. now add the eggs one at a time at low speed
until well blended
5. pour batter on top of bottom crust to about 3/4 filled, any
extra batter put into a small ramikin and bake both for 2 hrs at 325
degrees; check doneness with a butter knife or toothpick to see if
it is done. if done let the pie remain in the oven for about 45 minutes
If it isn't, bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes and check again
6. if the pie is done remove from the oven and let cool and then put the
sour cream witha 1/2 cup of powdered sugar mixed with it and then spread
the sour cream on the top
7. now take the finely crushed pistachios, remove the cake
from the pan and sprinkle the pistachios over it completely and serve
8. this recipe can serve at least 10 or more people!

No comments:

Post a Comment