About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Monday, August 12, 2013

FANTASTIC CHICKEN CORDON BLEU, ASHTON STYLE # 196




Cordon Bleu is a variation of chicken Kiev and if you wish the chicken can be eliminated and one can used thinly sliced veal. Of course the Chicken Kiev was begun in Kiev in Russia and Cordon Bleu was invented in France.
Using chicken is much cheaper than veal but either is very good and one can make either for special occasions. The
following recipe is with chicken and is of course less expensive. You certainly can use the veal if you wish as all other ingredients are the same.
INGREDIENTS:
12 thin slices of chicken or veal
6 slices of Swiss Cheese
6 thin slices of ham
5 whole eggs beaten
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 stick of butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
DIRECTIONS:
1. place each slice of chicken into
a gallon size plastic bag and using
a food mallet pound the chicken until
each is very thin but not torn
2. salt and pepper each piece of chicken
on both sides
3. cover each piece of chicken with another
piece of chicken
4. add a slice of ham and a slice of cheese
on the bottom of the chicken and cover the
chicken, ham and cheese with another piece
of chicken and roll over and using a tooth
pick seal the edges
5. dip each piece into the flour and then the
egg and then the bread crumb
6. saute each side in butter about 10 minutes
on each side and serve
. pound edges to seal

No comments:

Post a Comment