About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

FRENCH CREAMY ONION SOUP, ASHTON STYLE #204



French onion soup is a traditional staple cusine in France. It is known to be rich and with a deep flavor. The recipe that I am giving you is a variation of this French dish. I hope you will try it and see if this version is something you would try.
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 chicken fryer which you fry in 1/2 cup
of oil until the chicken is well browned on
both sides,
1 1/2 qts of water
1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
4 cups of thinly sliced yellow onions
2 sticks of butter for onions and 1 stick
of butter for the roux
2 tbls of Millers or equivilent Chicken base
1 cup of sherry wine
2 cups of heavy cream
1/2 cup of parsley
1/2 tsp of white pepper
DIRECTIONS:
1. pour the 1/2 cup of oil into a large fry pan
2. add the 1/2 chicken into the fry pan and saute
until both sides of the chicken are well browned
3. now put 2 sticks of butter into a large soup pot
over moderate heat until melted
4. add the 4 cups of peeled and thinly sliced onions
and saute until the onions are well carmelized and
well browned
5. add 1 1/2 qts of water into the soup pot with the
onions and add theMillers Chicken Base and simmer
about 45 minutes and then remove the chicken and
set aside for another dish such as chicken salad
6. wipe the fry pan and then add the 1 stick of butter
and saute until the butter is melted and then add the
flour and stir until you have created a roux
7. now add the heavy cream and contiunue to stir until
you have a smooth and creamy liquid
8. now slowly add the sherry wine until incorporated
9. now pour the chicken broth into the large soup pot
with the onions and stir in until incorporated
10. simmer about an additional 15 minutes and taste for
flavor
11. (optional, you may add 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
cheese slowly into the soup until it is smooth
12. you may add crotons on top of the soup
1. this recipe should serve 6 to 8 people generously

No comments:

Post a Comment