About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

COUNTRY VEGETABLE HEARTY SOUP, ASHTON STYLE # 203



When one talks about anything that includes words such as country, hearty, rich and comfortable, one can not only taste what your making but also feel the warmth and flavor of something that will be good for the soul. The following soup recipe is one that has all the words and flavors of what a soup should be and I hope you will try it and agree with my assesment!
INGREDIENTS:
1 whole chicken fryer simmered in
2 qts of water for 1 1/2 hr to
which you add the Millers Chicken Base
6 oz of salt pork, boiled for about
10 minutes and then cut into small
pieces
1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
1/2 medium cabbage cut into 2 inch
pieces
4 stalks of celery cut into 1/2 inch
pieces
4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2
inch slices
5 cloves of garlic, smashed, peeled
and cut in half and smashed again
3 or s4 leeks, washed, and cleaned
and sliced from the light green area
into 1/2 inch slices
2 cups sweet potatos, peeled and cut
into small squares
1 green pepper, sliced into pieces
2 tbls of Millers, or equivilent
1/2 cup of parsley
1/2 tsp of white pepper
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tbls of sugar
DIRECTIONS:
1. pour 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
into a large fry pan
2. add the salt pork pieces and saute
about 8 to 10 minutes
3. add the sliced onions, garlic,leeks,
green pepper, and continue to saute
4. in a large sauce pan add a qt of water
and boil the sweet potatos and carrots
about 20 minutes and put them into a large
soup pot
5 add all the vegtables and spices into the soup
pot and simmer about about 45 minutes
6. cut 1/2 the chicken into 1 inch pieces and add
to the soup and cook an additional 15 minutes
7. this recipe will serve 6 to 8 people generously

No comments:

Post a Comment