About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Saturday, August 10, 2013

LAMB CHOPS WITH DARK SAUCE AND SPAETZLE, ASHTON STYLE # 192



INGREDIENTS:
4 to 6 large lamb chops cut about
an inch each
6 potatoes each the size of a golf ball
and boil them into a qt of water in a
sauce pan until slightly soft (set aside)
4 carrots peeled and juliened
3 medium onions, peeled, cut in half
and sliced
1 stick of butter
2 stalks of celery
1 lb of crimini or button mushrooms
1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
1 tbs of Millers or equivilent beef
base
2 tsp Kitchen Bouquet or Worstershire sauce
1 cup of sherry wine
1 tsp of black pepper
DIRECTIONS:
1. pour 1/2 cup of oil into a large fry pan
over moderate heat
2. add a half stick of butter into the oil
in the fry pan and let it melt
3. add the onions and lamb chops and saute
until well browned (set aside)
4. add the carrots and continue to saute
about 10 minutes
5. add the potatos mushrooms, celery, and
continue sauting
6. add the tsp of beef base and kitchen Bouquet into
a cup of sherry wine and stir well and then
pour into the fry pan and stir in until well
mixed
7. return the lamb chops and continue sauting until
chops are slightly brown but slightly rare
8. taste for salt and serve
9. this recipe will serve 4 to 6 persons
SPATZEL RECIPE
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup milk
2 large eggs
1 pinch white pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbls butter
1 gallon water for cooking
spatzel
DIRECTIONS:
1. mix together, flour,
salt, white pepper
2. beat eggs
3. add eggs and milk to the dry
ingredients constantly
stiring until smooth
4. boil the gal of water
5. using your hands, handle
small amount of the dough
and hold hands together
and allow the dough to drop
into the boiling water a little
at a time until all the dough
is gone
6. you may wish to sprinkle the
spatzel on each lamb chop and
then pour sauce on each
1

No comments:

Post a Comment