About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Sunday, July 7, 2013

SHRIMP WITH WHITE WINE AND TOMATOS, ASHTON STYLE #170

Sometimes one likes to have a light lunch or dinner.  The following recipe is one of those recipes that is light but also one that is delightful to have either for one or four either to have at lunch or dinner! Shrimp is the focus for this recipe but it also calls for several other ingredients that is many times the basis for Italian recipes.  Please try it and I hope you will like it especially when you are in a hurry to make something quick but excellent to eat!
INGREDIENTS:
     1 lb of  large shrimp (wild if possible)
     4 to 6 juicy golf ball size cherry tomatos
     1 or 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
     4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed and cut
     in half and smashed more
     1/2 cup virgin olive oil
     2 tbs large capers
     1/3 cup of butter
     1 tbs Millers or equivilelent Chicken Base
     (no need for salt)
     1 tsp oregano
     1/2 tsp pepper
     1 cup of sparkling white wine
     1 lb of spaghetti
DIRECTIONS:l
     1. pour virgin olive oil into a large fry pan over
         moderate heat
     2. add the smashed garlic and shrimp into the oil and saute
         about 10 minutes
     3. add the sliced onions and tomatos into the fry
         pan and continue to saute
     4. add the butter into the oil and stir well
     5. add the Millers Soup Base and stir well
         until well incorporated
     6. add the capers, oregano, pepper, and continue
         to saute
     7. add the white sparkling wine and continue to saute
     8. make the spaghetti according to the box directions
         about 8 to 10 minutes and drain
     9. put the spaghetti into a large bowl and pour the sauce
         over and stir well
   10. this will serve 4 to 6 people generously
 

No comments:

Post a Comment