About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

NORWEGIAN LEFSE, GREAT TASTING ASHTON STYLE #176

     Norwegian lefse is a traditional recipe using potatoes and flour.  All our children have helped make it.  One time our son Mike went to a store in S parta, Wisconsin and
proceeded to buy up all the packages of lefse that they had.  I think it was over a dozen
which he took home.  He put most of them in their freezer and took them out when he
wanted to have some.  Lefse tastes like a combination of potatoes and flour and is  baked on a lefse grill.  The secret of good lefse is making it as thin as you can.  If it
is too thick it is not as good.  I hope  you will try this recipe but keep in mind that having a lefse grill and a potato riser is esential in the process.
INGREDIENTS: SINGLE RECIPE:
LEFSE GRILL SHOULD BE PUT AT ABOUT 500 DEGREES
6 or 7 medium Idaho potatoes boiled in water with a
tsp salt
1 tbls butter for 3 cups of potatoes
2 tsp salt for 3 cups of potatoes
2 tsp sugar for 3 cups of potaoes
1 cup of flour for 3 cups of potatoes
DIRECTIONS:
1.put potatoes through a ricer while the
  potatoes are still hot
2. put the riced potatoes in a large bowl
3. melt tbl of butter for 3 cups of potatoes
   add the butter to the potatoes
4. add the salt to the potatoes
5. add the sugar to the potatoes
6. add 1/4 cup flour to the potatoes and mix
    together then add about an addional 1/2
    cup flour and stir in making sure the mix
    is not to thick or thin
7. put the mixture into 3 parts and make each
   the size of a baseball and cool them
8. add flour to your hands and using a rolling
   pin (one with groves cut in the rolling pin
  works better)
9. put a little flour on large cutting board and
   start rolling out
10. keep rolling each one VERY THIN about the
     size of a large pizza
11. preheat lefse grill to 500 degrees and put
     the lefse on until the grill and turn over
     and the lefse should have brown spots on
     and bake until they look done and take them
     off and put them on a cloth and continue until
     all three are done
12. one can add jam, brown sugar, meats etc for
      eating






     

No comments:

Post a Comment