About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Thursday, July 25, 2013

RISOTTO WITH PANCETTA AND MUSHROOM SAUCE, ASHTON STYLE # 186

 

     Risotto is a very popular Italian rice recipe that has many variations  that one can make. Some of the most popular include recipes with butter, cream,, meats, tomatos
(diced etc) tomato sauce, beans, wine, squid and other seafood, chicken livers, all kinds of vegtables such as spinach and these are not all that are good with the rice.
Incidently there are various kinds of rice for risotto but I prefer arborio which is probably the most popular.  The recipe I am giving you now is one made with cream and mushrooms and I know you will like it as I do.
INGREDIENTS:
     1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
     1 stick of butter
     1 medium onion, peeled and minced
     1/2 cup of dry white wine
     5 cups of stock made with
     water
     3 tbls  Millers or equivilent
     soup base
     1/2 lb of pancetta bacon diced small
     2 cups of arborio rice
     1/2 cup heavy cream
     1/2 cup parmesan cheese
DIRECTIONS:
      1. pour 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
          in a large fry pan over moderate
          hot heat
      2. add 1/2 stick of  (unsalted) butter
          and stir in until melted
     3. add the diced pancetta and saute
        until the bacon is slightly brown
    4. add minced onion and contiune
        to saute until onion is slightly brown
   5. add the mushrooms and stir in until
      well incorporated and slightly brown
   6. add the white wine and stir in
   7. in a large sauce pan, mix the Millers
      Soup base to 5 cups of water until
      it is incorporated
  8. slowly add the arborio rice into the
      rice in the sauce pan and cover
 9. when the rice is done you can add 
     it into the fry pan and stir well
10. add the cream with the rice in the
     fry pan and stir well
11. place a bowl of fresh grated Parmesan
     cheese on the table for inidviduals can
     sprinkle it on their serving
12. this recipe will serve 6 or more persons
     generously
          

No comments:

Post a Comment