About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

NORWEGIAN LEFSE NUMBER 2 WITH POTATO FLAKES OR BUDS ASHTON STYLE # 185



      if you look at recipe #176 and compare it with this recipe # 184 you will notice a difference as one #176 uses real potatoes and #185 uses boxed potato flakes.  The
one that uses potato flakes is much easier to make and though I would not mind using
either, my wife Dottie has convinced me to use flakes.  I would try both to see what you might prefer.
INGREDIENTS:
     6 cups potato flakes
     2 tsp salt
     1/2 cup butter or margarine
     1/2 cup boiling water
     2 cups milk
     2 cups flour
DIRECTIONS:
     1. put a 1/2 cup butter or margarine into 1 cup
         measuring cup and add boiling water to fill up
         the cup
    2. add this to a bowl of 6 cups of potato flakes
        stiring briskly and then add the 2 cups of milk
        to the potato flake mixture continuing to stir
        until well incorporated and let cool
   3.  add the 2 cups of flour with your hands when
        cool
   4. form the dough into balls into 2 1/2 inches in
       diameter
   5. now using a rolling pin which has groves on the
       rolling part dip the potato balls into a cup of flour
       and then place on a large cutting board which has
       flour on it and roll the dough as thin as possible
       (an 1/8 inch) and the size of a medium pizza
   6. at this point if you have a lefse stick which you
       might buy at a Scandinaven store and which looks
       like a wooden sword; place the stick under the
       middle and under the lefse lift it and put it on a
       lefse grill which you might also buy at a Norwegian
       store.
 7. roll out the lefse as thin as possiple, lift a corner and
    see if there are small brown spots; if there are then turn
    it over and continue baking about 3 or 4 minutes and
    again look under it and see if there are brown spots
8. remove from grill and put another rolled out lefse and
   repeat the process until all lefse balls are rolled out
9. you can now butter them, put jelly on them, or sugar
   and cinnamon and eat them
10. this batch will make about 14 lefse      

No comments:

Post a Comment