About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

*ZUCCHINI BREAD ASHTON STYLE #(80)

If you want to look like your a master gardner grow aucchini's and tomatos. They both can be very prolific  and the plants look good. The only problem with zucchini is that it is not only very prolific but hard to get rid of.  People actually go out their back door when they see me coming bearing 2 to 6 zucchini.  Tomatos they usually like to take but not zucchinis. The one good thing that zucchinis are good for is zucchini bread which is much like bannana bread.  The following recipe is a version from one my mother uses and I hope you will try it and let me know what you think ENJOY  

INGREDIENTS:
      3 cups grated raw zucchini with skin on
      4 large eggs
      3 cups flour
      1 cup regular oil
      2 tab vanila
      1 tsp cinnamon
       1tsp salt
       1 tsp baking powder
       1 tsp baking soda
       1 cup dark raisens
       1 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS
       1. pre heat oven to 325 degrees
       2. butter the insides of 2, 9" by 5", by 2 3/4" loaf pans
       3. pour 1/2 cup of flour in the pan and move it around
           until the insides are all covered
       4. do the same to the other loaf pan
       5. mix all the dry ingredients in a Kitchen Aide bowl
          as well as the vanila on low speed until all incorporated
      6. on low speed add the oil a little at a time until incorporated
      7. on low to medium speed add the zucchini into the bowl and mix
          until incorporated
      8. pour into the 2 loaf pans evenly
      9. bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees
    10. put a tooth pick in the center, it is
          done if it comes out clean

No comments:

Post a Comment