About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Monday, August 15, 2011

*CARROT CAKE TO DIE FOR ASHTON STYLE #(78)

      I am not a great fan of cakes; ok there are exceptions such as cheese cake, cassata cake, Italian strawberry cake, English plum pudding, English Christmas pudding, and one of my favorite Fruit Cake,  and a few others. But one cake remains my favorite and that is carrot cake.  Not just any carrot cake.  I can't stand store bought carrot cake which has no flavor and just a half a carrot ,if that, in the recipe. A few 
exceptions is one made at a bakery and also the one I am giving you the recipe for! ENJOY

INGREDIENTS:
       1 1/4 cups of Crisco or equiv
       4 eggs
       2 cups sugar
       2 cups flour
       2 cups grated carrots
       1 cup crushed pineapple
       1 cup dark raisins
       2 tsp pure vanila
       2 tsp cinnamon
       2 tsp baking soda
       1 tsp salt

DIRECTIONS:
     1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees
     2. mix all the dry ingredients
     3. beat eggs until incorporated
     4. add the sugar and Crisco and mix
         until incorporated
     5. add the dry ingredients a little at a time
     6. add the carrots and pineaple and raisins
         and mix until incorporated with the other
         ingredients
     7. you can use two 9 1/2 inch cake pans 
        which  you first butter the entire insides then put
         a 1/2 cup of flour and keep moving it around
        the insides until it is all covered
    8. pour batter evenly into the pans
    9. bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick comes
        out clean when you stick it in the center of the cakes

ICING RECIPE:
     INGREDIENTS:
         1 1/2 sticks of butter which is at room
         temperature
         1 1/2  bags of powdered sugar
         4 tsp vanilla
         6 oz of  Philadelphia Cream Cheese
DIRECTIONS:
          1. mix the butter, which should be at room
             temperature, powdered sugar, vanila, and
             one pkgof Philadelphia Cream cheese also
             at room temp. with 2 tab of milk in a mixer
             and mix on medium spead with a beater
             until the icing is nice and creamy
         2. take the cakes out of the cake pans and
             if neccesary using a thin double thread cut
            the dome top of one cake even and put it
           on the bottom of a plate and put icing on
           until it is covered and then put the next cake
           on top of it so it is even and then ice the sides
           and top of the cake
          
.         


No comments:

Post a Comment