About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Saturday, August 20, 2011

OMELETTE ITALIANETE, ASHTON STYLE #(83)

       Recently I fell in love with omeletes from simple omlettes to Western omlettes, Cheese omlettes etc.  I also found that I like them slightly undone rather than hard.  Not that I like runney egg yolks and whites. I began thinking how an Italian omlette would work and what ingredients one would put in them that was both favorful and tasty.  The following recipe is a version of  what I thought an Italian omlette should be.  Please try it and let me know what you think ENJOY

INGREDIENTS FOR ONE ITALIAN OMLETTE
      ITALIAN STYLE INGREDIENTS TO PRE COOK:
          4 oz of  Italian sausage fried and crumbled
          3 tab minced onions
          3 tab fine cut tomatos (regular or Roma)
          1 tab of parsley for the top of the omlette in the plate
          3 tab of virgin olive oil
DIRECTIONS:
      1. put the 3 tab of olive oil in a fry pan over moderate heat
      2. when the oil is hot add the onions and sausage  and fry
          until the onions are stlightly brown and the sausage is crumbly
      3. add the tomatos and fry until incorporated with the onions and
          sausage set remove and set aside (you may wish to use only a
          half of these ingredients per omlette or all of it as it is your choice
          
          OTHER INGREDIENTS:
       2 large eggs mixed in a bowl
       2 tab of canola oil
       1/2 stick of unsalted (sweet) butter or Smart
       2 tsp of basil
       3 tab of  Fontina or Provolone Cheese fine cut
       pinch of salt
       pinch of pepper
DIRECTIONS:
       1. after you have pre cooked the onions, sausage
           and tomatos set them aside in a bowl
      2.  add the oil and butter in a non stick 7 inch bottom
           fry pan over moderate heat
      3. when hot, add the mixed eggs and let cook awhile
           until softly but not real hard
      4.  add the cooked ingredients in the middle first,
           then add the cheese, apinch of salt and pepper
           and fold over and let cook an additional minute or so
      5. plate the omlette and add the parsley on top and eat

      


No comments:

Post a Comment