About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

*TILAPIA OR COD FILLETS ITALIAN, ASHTON STYLE #(79)

  Sometimes I think you can make a dish with cardboard as long as you use homemade tomato sauce, onions, garlic, Greek olives, and basil.  The following recipe is with either Tilapia or cod fillets  Yes, also preferably homemade tomato sauce. This is a very simple recipe and is much better than maranara sauce. Try it and let me know what you think ENJOY

INGREDIENTS:
      1/3 cup of virgin olive oil
      1lb (4 fillets)  of  tilapia or cod fillets 1 for each
      person. (there will be enough sauce for 6)
      2 cups of homemade tomato sauce (if not
      homemade you can also use diced or
      crushed tomatos
      2 onions, peeled, cut in half and sliced
      4 cloves of smashed garlic
      6 to 8 Greek or Kalamata olives with
      the pit removed
      a slight handful of large capers (rinced in cold water)
      1/2 cup of  Ruinite red or white wine (Pinot Grigio
     is good too)
      2 tab of dried basil
      (optional, a slight handful of fresh basil)

DIRECTIONS:
     1. pour the virgin olive oil in a large fry pan
     2. when the oil is hot add the fish and fry
         until its brown, turn over and brown the
        other side. carefully remove and set aside
     3. add the sliced onions to the same fry pan
         and fry until slightly brown
     4. add the smashed garlic and capers and cook
         an additional 5 to 8 minutes (don't burn the garlic)
     5. add the tomato sauce and basil and 1/2 cup red
         or white wine with the onions and stir until all is incorporated
        (remember you can make your own sauce; recipe  #(39)
     6. add the olives and continue to stir about 5 minutes
     7. add the fresh basil if you have some otherwise it will
         still be ok
     8. carefully return the fish to the sauce and ladly it over
         the fish and continue to cook about 5 or 6  minutes
     9. plate the fish and ladle the sauce with the olives over
         the fish
   10. this recipe will serve 4 people generously
    
    
        

No comments:

Post a Comment