About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Thursday, August 18, 2011

BBQ RIBS "DONE RIGHT", ASHTON STYLE #(82)

     I have to admit, I don't like BBQ ribs that have been boiled to death even if their tender.
Equally, I don't like ribs that have been baked in the oven as they are usually tough and dry.
The following recipe is different and I believe as tender as you would want and not dry. Please
try it and let me know what you think and if you like this recipe ENJOY

INGREDIENTS:
     1 bunch celery which you cut the end off, wash
       each stalk and then chop them into 1 inch pieces
     6 large carrots peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
     4 lg onions, peeled, cut in half and rough sliced
     3 lbs of baby back or St. Louis style ribs cut in half 
     1/3 recipe of  Frank Ashton's famous BBQ sauce, recipe #(55)

DIRECTIONS:
    1. preheat the oven to 400 degrees
.   2. mix Ashton's BBQ rub below
    3. mix the 3 vegtables together (these mixed vegtables
        will keep the ribs moist and at the same time cook
        them to be ready to BBQ
   4.  take almost half the 3 vegtables and put them on the
        bottom of a large roasting pan
   5.  sprinle the rub on both sides of the ribs and place
        thme on the vegtables in the roasting pan
   6.  put the rest of the vegtables on the ribs totally
        covering them
   7. bake for 45 minutes to an hour until the ribs are
       almost done
   8. remove the ribs and you are ready to put them
       on the grill
   9. grill them about 15 minutes on each side
 10. brush the BBQ sauce on the top an turn the
       ribs over and continue to cook about 5 or so
      minutes; turn them over and brush the other side
      with BBQ sauce and then turn them over and cook
      them for about 5 minutes; (repeat saucing them until
      your satisfied (don't let them burn) 
 11.will serve 4 to 6 people generously

RUB INGREDIENTS:
     1/2 cup brown sugar
     1/3 cup garlic powder or salt (if you use
     garlic salt don't add salt
     1/3 cup oregano
     1/3 cup paprika
     2 tab of pepper (for a hot rub add red pepper)
     4 tab cumin
     add tab salt if necessary
DIRECTIONS:
     1. mix all the ingredients and rub both
         sides of the ribs and your ready to
         bake about 45 minutes or so

VARIATION;
CHINESE TEA SMOKED RIBS
1. take 20 bags of tea and soak them in water
    about 1/2 hr and rince wring them with your
    hands till most of the water is out.
2. put them in double foil and wrap them keeping
    them flat. 
3. poke a few holes on top and put them on one
    side of the grill on medium high heat.
4. put the BBQ sauced ribs (step 10) on the other side
    and bake ribs with the top closed about an additional
    45 minutes or so adding addtional BBQ sauce a few
    times and making sure the ribs don't burn.
5  serve
   
    

     

No comments:

Post a Comment