About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

* MUSSELS, FRENCH/ ITALIAN (ASHTON STYLE) (#44)

INGREDIENTS:
2lbs of mussels, debearded if necessary
6 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
1 cup any white dry wine (not sweet,chardonay etc)
juice of one lemon
8oz of parmesan cheese
2 tab of dried basil
1lb of linguini pasta

DIRECTIONS:
1. cook the minced garlic in the olive oil
on moderate heat until lightly brown
(don't burn as it will taste bitter);
2. add the basil (that makes it Italian!)
3. add the white wine, cover pan and
continue cooking about 5 minutes
4. add the mussels, cover the pan and
cook until all the mussels are open
(disregard any that don't open)
5. add the parmesan cheese and stir in well
6. cook pasta according to the box and pour
the mussels over the pasta
7. this will serve 6 people generously

No comments:

Post a Comment