About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Thursday, April 21, 2011

CHICKEN SALAD SURPREME ASHTON STYLE #(49)

I am amazed how some restaurants can screw up something as simple as chicken salad.  The following recipe is simple but delicious.  It can be used by itself or as a sandwhich. Try it and let me know what you think!
frank

INGREDIENTS:
     1whole chicken for a full recipe and a half chicken for a half recipe.
     3 tab Millers Chicken Base or equiv
     1/2 jar (16oz) of  Miracle Whip Salad Dressing (much better than Mayo!)
     1 medium onion for a whole recipe and 1 small onion for a half (minced)
     2 stalks celery for a whole recipe and 1 stalk of celery for a half (minced)
     1/2 tsp salt for a whole recipe or to taste; 1/4 tsp salt for a half
     1/2 tsp pepper for a whole recipe or to taste and a 1/4 tsp pepper for a half

     OPTIONAL:
     10 red grapes cut in half for a whole recipe and 5 grapes cut in half for a half
     10 walnut pieces cut in thirds for a whole recipe and 5 walnuts cut in half for a half

DIRECTIONS:
     1. boil the chicken for 1 1/2 hrs;  in 3 qts of water which you add the 3 tab of  Millers Soup Base
     2.  debone the chicken and cut into small pieces
     3.  put the pieces in a large bowl and add the onions, celery, 16 oz of Miracle Whip, salt, and  pepper
         and mix ingredients together until all of them are incorporated.  You may also add the optional
         ingredients but try the salad first before you decide to add anything else.  ( you might try out a little
        amount of salad with the optional ingredients to see if you want to add them.  This recipe is ready to
        serve but will hold up for several days.
    4. the whole recipe will serve from 8 to 15 people depending on how you serve it; the half  recipe will
       serve from 5 to 8 people ENJOY

    

No comments:

Post a Comment