About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Sunday, April 24, 2011

* ASHTON STYLE CAESAR SALAD DRESSING FOR 6 TO 600 OR MORE(#51)

     Many years ago when I was cooking for the German students I needed to come up with a salad dressing which was good tasting yet cheap.  My wife Dottie came up with the following recipe and I have used it for guests from 2 to 30 and for groups from 50 to 500.  It is probably not a true Caesar salad dressing but what the hell, it works, and I have received hundreds of compliments from those who have eaten my salads. Additiionally it is very good, easy to make and cheap!

INGREDIENTS:
THIS RECIPE IS FOR A QUART MASON JAR BUT CAN BE ADJUSTED FOR ANY SIZE CONTAINER.
  •  a pint or quart jar
  • about a quarter of the container of cider vinegar
  •  vegtable or olive oil poured into the same container
  •  filling it up to 2/3rds
  • 4 cloves of garlic per quart minced
  • 2 tab of sugar to the quart
  • 3 to 4 tab of parmesean cheese to the quart
  • 1 tab of Italian spices (better)or oregano (ok)
  • 1/2 tsp of pepper
  • 1/2 tsp of garlic salt (better) salt (ok)
OPTIONAL:
      I egg per quart whipped

DIRECTIONS:
   1.  stir the hell out of it especially just before adding to the salad
   2. 2 qts of dressing will serve about 100 people.  5 qts will serve
       about 500; but you will need a large bowl-ha ha
      

No comments:

Post a Comment