About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Saturday, November 26, 2011

MUSHROOM BISQUE ASHTON STYLE (#98)

INGREDIENTS;
1/2 of a 3 lb chicken boiled in 2 qts of water
in which you add 2 tab of Millers Chicken
base or equivilent (or for meatless use Prenzys
Vegetable Base)
2 lbs of crimini or white button  mushrooms
 cut in half
2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
1 pint creme fraiche (see recipe #93)
1 cup marsala wine
4 sprigs of parsley finely cut
1 sprig of thyme finely cut
a good pinch of nutmeg
1/2 tsp coarse ground pepper
a good pinch of saffron
DIRECTIONS:
1. boil a half of a 3lb chicken in 3
qts of water in which you have added
either 2 tab of  Millers Base (or eqivilent)
(or for vegetarian style-Penzeys Vegetarian base)
simmer for 1 1/2 hrs, remove chicken save for
chicken salad
2. Pour the olive oil in a lg fry pan over moderate high
heat and fry the onions until slightly brown remove and
set aside
3. In the same fry pan add the mushrooms and saute until
slightly soft. (remove and set aside)
4. in the same fry pan add the marsala wine, then the
chicken base, pepper, and saffron and cook about
5 or so minutes
5. in the same fry pan add the chicken stock, then stir
in the creme fraiche and continue stirring until incorporated
6. now return the mushrooms and onions back into the
the fry pan and stir for about 20 minutes or so until
the soup is well incorporated
7. taste for flavor and salt and adjust if necessary (if you
need more salt you can either add a touch more Millers
chicken base or a little salt
8. place all the ingredients in a soup pot and using a standing
electric hand blender (I refer to it as a motorboat) blend all the
ingredients until you have a creamy mushroom bisque
9. this recipe will serve 6 to 8 persons generously

No comments:

Post a Comment