About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

*CREME FRAICHE RECIPE ASHTON STYLE #(93)

     Creme Fraiche is a French product that is simple and takes the place of whipped cream while retaining the fresh taste that can be used in dishes requiring whipping cream or one that requires a sweet flavor.  It is simple and delicious and worth trying ENJOY

INGREDIENTS:
      2 cups of heavy cream
      1/2 cup of sour cream (buttermilk can be used
      but I prefer sour cream

OPTIONAL:
    1/2 cup of powdered sugar to make it sweet
DIRECTIONS:
     1. pour the heavy cream into a sauce pan or bowl
     2. scoop the 1/2 cup of sour cream into
         the heavy cream
     3. stir the two ingredients until well incorporated    
.    4. you can use a sauce pan to barely warm
         the mixture or just a bowl and let it sit unrefriderated
         2 to 4 hours and it will thicken
     5. you can put it into the refriderator overnight
         and it will also thicken
     6. to sweeten it just add the powdered sugar\
        (don't use regular sugar as it will be gritty)
     7. a dollop on any dessert is great or unsweetened
         mixed in cream soups or other dishes that call for
         thickened cream including putting it in recipe #5
         Butternut Bisque or a quiche (recipe #16)
       
    

No comments:

Post a Comment