About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Saturday, November 26, 2011

LOBSTER/SHRIMP BISQUE ASHTON STYLE (#97)

     Just thinking about the taste of  lobster and shrimp bisque really does make my mouth water.  What makes it so good is the combination of  the two seafoods combined with wine and cream. This recipe is one of three recipes using this great combination. I urge you to try one or all of these recipes and please let me know what you think about them. ENJOY

INGREDIENTS:
     1 or 2 lobsters (second lobster is optional)
      at least a 1 1/4lbs ea.
     1lb of wild shrimp 20 to 30 in a lb
     1/2 chicken (boiled in 2 qts of water)
     2 tab of  Millers or equivilent Chicken base
     added to the 2 qts of water
  
    1 cup of Marsala wine
    1 good pinch of saffron
    1 pint of creme fraich (see recipe #93)
    2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
    1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
    4 sprigs of parsley finely cut
    1 sprig or a good pinch of thyme finely cut
    a good pinch of nutmeg
    1/2 tsp of coarse pepper
    (optional, 2 pints of Ruinite Bianco or any
    white sparkling wine instead of water)
DIRECTIONS:
    1. boil the chicken in 2qts of water  in which
        you have added 2 tab of Millers
        chicken base (or equivilent)  for about
        1 1/2 hrs (remove the chicken and save it
        for another dish such as chicken salad
   2.  put the olive oil in a large fry pan over
        moderately high heat
   3. add the onions and fry until slightly brown
   4. add the shrimp and saute until nice and pink
       remove the onions and shrimp and set aside
   5. remove the meat from the shrimp and put the
       shells into a sauce pan  
  6. steam the lobsters in 2 pints of water or white
      sparkling wine (Ruinite Bianco works well)and
       when cooked remove all the meat and set
       aside and put the shells and liquid into the
       sauce pan with the shrimp shells and add
       the oil from the fry pan and cook over
       moderate heat until the liquid is reduced by half
  7. add the chicken stock, marsala wine, creme
      fraiche, and a good pinch of saffron and a 1/2
      tsp of pepper and stir until all is incorporated and creamy
 8. add the lobster and shrimp and using a stand
     mixer, (motorboat) blend all the ingredients until
    the bisque is smooth
 9. taste the bisque for flavor
10. you may wish to add a touch of red and yellow
      food coloring for looks (optional)
11. should serve 4 to 6 people generously

No comments:

Post a Comment