About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Friday, January 29, 2010

* CLAMS AND LINGUINE ASHTON STYLE (#6)

When I was very young (about 8 or 9) when my mother would tell us that we would be going to the A&P grocery store we would be very excited.; She would tell us that we would pick up a dozen clams at 37 cents a dozen and a couple of lemons. When we got home we would open the clams and put lemon juice on them and then eat them raw.  I still enjoy eating clams that way but I also enjoy eating clams in other ways; for instance "Clams And Linquine"; The following recipe is one I devised because most of the restaurants I have gone to have a habit of messing up a great tasting pasta dish. This recipe is very simple compared to some of my other recipes and I recomend following the recipe very closely and don't overcook the linquini! I also recomend using either one dozen cherrystone or top neck clams: both of these clams work very well but if your very rich then you can use three dozen little neck clams which are more tender.


INGREDIENTS:


1. One dozen cherrystone or top neck or three dozen little neck clams
2. 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
3. 1/2 stick butter (optional but adds flavor)
4. 6 cloves of garlic minced
5. 1 cup dry white wine (Chardonay works good)
6. 2 tablespoons parsley
7. salt and pepper to taste (garlic salt is optional)
8. 1 pound of good quality linguini

DIRECTIONS:
1. pour the white wine in a large soup pot
2. after scrubing and rinsing the clams in water, add them to the pot and cover
3. cook until clams open (do not use any clams that do not open, pour juice from
    the soup pot into a bowl but leave any sand in the pot) and remove and cool
    clams then mince them
4. pour olive oil into a larger fry pan and add butter cooking until it is melted
5. add parsley into fry pan and continue stiring
6. add minced clams into fry pan and cook about 10 minutes constantly stiring
7. add almost all the liquid from the clams except the little amount that contains
sand from the clams.
8. in a larger pot put about 2 qts of water and after it comes to a boil cook
linguine about 8 minutes or so until al dente. (please don't over cook) pour through a
callender
9. pour cooked clams into the pot of linguine and mix
10.serve with grated parmesean cheese for those who like cheese
11. serves 6 to 8 generously

No comments:

Post a Comment