About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Sunday, January 3, 2010

ORIGINAL PORK LOIN (THE BEST) IN WINE SAUCE ASHTON STYLE (#1)

BEST RECIPES OF FRANK ASHTON

ONE WONDERS WHY I LOVE TO COOK.  CERTAINLY, MOST ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD ONE OF MY ORIGINAL RECIPES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IMPRESSED.  I ALSO LOVE TO PAINT AND HAVE WON MANY AWARDS INCLUDING 4 FIRST PLACE AWARDS IN OIL IN THE PAST 6 ART SHOWS i HAVE ENTERED.  I GUESS BOTH OF THESE HOBBIES HAVE A LOT TO DO WITH ONE OF MY FAVORITE SAYINGS "TO ME GOOD ENOUGH IS NEVER GOOD ENOUGH! I CHOSE THIS RECIPE FOR MY FIRST ONE TO GIVE TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO IMPRESS THEIR GUESTS WITHOUT SPENDING A LOT OF MONEY.  PLEASE TRY IT AND YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I MEAN! I NAMED IT ASHTON ORIGINAL ITALIAN PARSLEY GARLIC PESTO STUFFED PORK LOIN IN A PEPPERCORN WINE SAUCE. THIS RECIPE IS INEXPENSIVE, DELIICIOUS, AND CROWD PLEASING!

INGREDIENTS:
5 to 8 pound pork loin, butterflied down center (even sides) but
not cut through and pounded with a food mallet to be somewhat flat
1 750 ml sparkling white wine (only); believe it or not Ruinite
Bianco works great but any white sweet sparkling wine will work
3 large onions cut in half and sliced thin
1 bulb garlic peeled and put in a zip lock bag and smashed
1 4oz bottle of parsley or equivilant
1/4 cup olive oil
slight handful of black peppercorns
about 7 ft of butcher string that your butcher will give you

DIRECTIONS:
1. Flatten butterflied pork loin
2. mix smashed garlic,parsley, and olive oil together
3.lightly salt interior of pork loin
4. spread parsley pesto down middle of loin and fold and tie with
butcher string
5. put enough olive oil in bottom of heavy 12" by 15" pan by 2" to 3"
high and brown all sides of meat well (set aside)
6. brown onions in same pan
7. return loin; add 3/4 bottle of white sparkling wine,
peppercorns, and salt and pepper roast
8. bake at low 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours until done but not dry
add rest of wine if getting dry (remove loin to make sauce)
9 make sauce by using flour in about 1" of wine or water in mug;
then mix to paste and add wine to near top and mix then add to
boiling pan (add some water if necessary do not want it too thick)
10 serve with small red potatoes and julienne carrots and green beans
11 a half roast (4 lbs) will serve 9 generously and a whole roast
(8lbs) will serve 12 to 18. (many times whole pork loin $1.99lb)
 "

1 comment:

  1. Not only does this taste fantastic, but it looks great when you cut and serve it. Plus, it is pretty simple to make.

    ReplyDelete