About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

ONION PIE, ASHTON STYLE #142

Onion pie doesn't seem as appetizing as other types of pies such as "steak and kidney", pork, or many others but when I tried it I was surprized as to how flavorable it was, enough to try it again.  The following
recipe is a variation of  one that I saw before.  Please try it and judge for yourself if you think its worth making it again.
INGREDIENTS:
     5 medium yellow onions peeled and sliced
     5 eggs beaten in a lg bowl
     1 cup milk or cream
     1 tab dry mustard
     1 tsp dry mustard
     1 tsp garlic powder
     1 tab chicken base
     2 cups shreded cheddar cheese
     1/3 cup virgin olive oil
DIRECTIONS:
     1. make a reg pie crust (see recipe #75)
     2. pour olive oil into a lg fry pan over moderate
         heat.
     3. add sliced onions to fry pan and saute until
         the onions are slightly brown
     4. remove onions and pour them into the pie
         crust
     5. in a large bowl mix  the milk or cream, dry mustard, garlic powder,
         and soup base until well incorporated and pour over onions and
         bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
     6. sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top of the pie
         and bake an addtional 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted
     7. will serve 4 to 6 generously

No comments:

Post a Comment