About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Saturday, February 9, 2013

CHICKEN IN BUTTER SAUCE, ASHTON STYLE #140

Chicken in butter is a variation of a French recipe that is hundreds of years old. It was a favorite of the people who lived in Burgundy region of  France.  It may sound rich but it is an excellent dish to serve especially for Sunday dinner.  I urge you to try it though it may be one you have actually made before.
INGREDIENTS;
     one whole chicken cut into
     pieces
     1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
     1 1/2  sticks of butter
     2 onions, peeled and sliced
     4 carrots, cleaned and cut in half
     2 medium tomatoes, peeled and cut
       in half
     4 cloves of garlic, smashed  peeled and
        smashed once more
     1 handful of thyme sprigs
     1 handful of parsley sprigs
     2 or 3 bay leafs
     1 tab of chicken base
     1 tsp of coarse pepper
     2 cups water, white port wine or chicken stock
DIRECTIONS:
     1. pour the olive oil into a large
         fry pan over a medium hot flame
     2. add the chicken pieces and saute
         until well browned (set aside)
     3. add the onions in the pan and saute until
        browned (set aside)
     4. smash the garlic flat and add to
         oil and saute until slightly browned
     5. Pour into a lg stock pot and
         add the 1 1/2 sticks of butter, the tab of
         chicken base, and stir until well incorporated
     6. return the chicken ot the pot
     7.add the sprigs of thyme, parsley, pepper, and
         tomatoes and saute about 15 minutes
     8. add the liquid (water, wine or stock) and simmer
         over a low flame about 45 minutes checking
         chicken
     9. at about a 1/2 hr before serving add 3/4 lbs of
         sliced chanterell mushrooms if possible or whatever
         you can find , and 8 to 10 black kalamata olives,
         and continue cooking about 15 minutes and serve      

No comments:

Post a Comment