About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Saturday, April 7, 2012

YORKSHIRE PUDDING ASHTON STYLE # 113

One can't read any book by James Herriot without reading how much he loved roast beef and Yorkshire pudding.  Certainly he loved the farmers of Yorkshire around Thirsk the real town that he was a veternarian for so many years. (Darrowby to his readers). Yet I have a feeling he loved their wives as much or more who would serve him mountains of roast beef, potatos, and of course Yorkshire pudding and rivers of gravy after he finished caring for the livestock.   Its my belief that the only reason he didn't get fat is due to the miles of walking he did as he made his rounds curing the farmers animals.  The recipe I am giving you is a combination of several Yorkshire pudding recipes that I have combined and tried baking.  As many people have said "The proof is in the pudding-Yorkshire pudding"! Try the recipe and let me know what you think!

pre heat the oven to 450 degrees

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup of all purpose flour
4 eggs
1 cup of milk
1 tsp of water put in at the end
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
Yorkshire pudding muffin tins 6 or 8 cups
beef drippings about 2 tab into each cup

DIRECTIONS:
pre heat the oven to 450 degrees

1. first mix the flour and salt and sugar
2. mix the eggs and milk in a large bowl and
    mix until well incorporated
3. now mix the flour mixture into the egg mixture
    and pour into  a Kitchen Aide mixer and add
    the tsp of water at the end and then mix until
    the batter is smooth as heavy cream
4. put about 2 tab of beef drippings or oil if necessary
    into each cup and then put it into the oven
5. remove when the drippings are smoking and pour
    the batter into the cups
6. return to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes until
    the Yorkshire pudding is a rich brown color
7. this recipe will make 6 Yorkshire puddings

No comments:

Post a Comment