About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

APPLE SAUCE WITH FROZEN CRANBERRY JUICE AND CRANRAISINS #115

This is an easy recipe on a variation of apple sauce.  One only needs to add frozen cranberry juice and cranraisins to make a great recipe that all will enjoy.  Let me know if you try it and if you like it. ENJOY

INGREDIENTS:
6 lbs of Gala or most any kind of apples
`1 1/2 cups of sugar
3 cups of water
1 11.5 oz container of Welch frozen cranberry juice or equivilent
1 6oz bag of cranraisins

DIRECTIONS:
1. peel all the apples and cut pieces as for an apple pie
2. put the apples into a large soup pot
3. add the 3 cups of water
4. heat over a moderate flame (may wish to use a defuser
    to keep the apple sauce from sticking or burning
5. put a top on the pot and cook for 45 minutes until the
    apples are soft
6. using a potato masher, mash the apples until they are
    mixed well
7. put the frozen cranberry juice into a sauce pan and melt
    until it is liquid
8. add the 6 oz bag of cranraisins and simmer for about a
    half an hour
9. now you can pour into the apple sauce and stir until
    incorporated
10. this recipe will serve some 10 or more individuals depending
      how much you give to each person     

No comments:

Post a Comment