About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Friday, March 4, 2011

BUTTERFLIED ROAST CHICKEN IN TWO WINES ASHTON STYLE (#35)

INGREDIENTS:
one whole frying chicken butterflied down the middle
but still connected together
1/2 cup virgin olive oil
3/4 cup of white port wine
3/4 cup of Pinot Grigio white wine
2 medium onions peeled and sliced
4 large carrots peeled and cut in half
8 small potatoes
1 lb button mushrooms whole or sliced
3 tab rinsed capers
2 tab flour for thickening sauce

DIRECTIONS:
preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. take the butterflied chicken and fry it in a large fry pan
    or a large roasting pan in 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil on
   medium high heat  until both sides are nicely browned
  set aside
2. in the same oil fry the onions  until browned and set aside
3. in a large roasting pan put the chicken top side down
4. put the onions around the chicken
5. add the wines and capers around the chicken
6. fry the mushrooms until browned and pour them and
   the oil around the chicken in the roasting pan
 7.bake the chicken top side up for about an hour at 350 degrees
    until tender (turn over once)
8. put  two cups of water in a large sauce pan and
    add the carrots and potatoes and  boil  until almost
   done and set aside.
9. drain carrots and potatoes and add them to the
    roasting pan the last half hour; at this time you
    can thicken the sauce so that it covers a spoon lightly
10. add a little more Pinot Grigio wine if necessary
11. cook an additional ten miniutes and put the
     chicken and vegtables in a large platter to serve
12. will serve 6 generously

No comments:

Post a Comment