About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

GREEN GODDESS CASSEROLE #229

     This casserole is a combination of several green items mixed with additional items and
then baked in an oven.  I do believe it is worth trying. Please let me know what you think!
INGREDIENTS:
     3 fairly large leeks thinly sliced
     3 cups fresh parsley rough cut
     8 large eggs
     1 cup pine nuts
     1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
     1 cup parmesean cheese
     6 cloves garlic peeled
     1/4 cup papricka
     9 x 13 glass pan (oven proof)
DIRECTIONS
   1.  remove most of the green leaves of
     the leeks and thinly slice the white
     part
  2. add a half cup of virgin olive oil in a
      large fry pan
  3. add the leeks, parsley, pine nuts, and minced garlic;
      saute until leeks are slighty brown
 4. in a large bowl add leeks, garlic, parmesean
    cheese, eggs, and ricotta and pour into a
    food processor and mix well
5. in a 9 by 13 glass pan butter all sides
6, add all the batter into the pan
7. bake at 300 degrees for 50 minutes
8. spoon portion for each person
p serves 6 to 8

 

No comments:

Post a Comment