About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Sunday, June 16, 2013

* EGGPLANT WITH BREADCRUMBS AND SPAGHETTI #164

INGREDIENTS:
     1 small eggplant cut into slices and
        then cut into strips with
     1 cup breadcrumbs (reg or planko)
     2 eggs well mixed
     1/2 cup ricotta cheese
     3 medium ripe tomatos or 1/2 can
     canned diced tomatos
    1 medium onion, peeled, cut in half and
    sliced
    4 cloves of garlic, smashed, peeled and
    crushed
     1/2 cup virgin olive oil
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1 lb of spaghetti
DIRECTIONS:
     1. dredge the eggplant strips
         into the egg and then into
         the breadcrumbs and set
        aside
    2. pour 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
       into a lg fry pan over moderate
       heat
    3. put the eggplant strips into the
        fry pan and saute about 10 to
        15 minutes, remove and set aside
    4. add the sliced onion, garlic, basil, salt and
        pepper into the fry pan, stir in and saute
        about 15 to 20 minutes
    5. make the spaghetti according to the box
        and drain
    6. mix the sauce with the spaghetti and lastly
        add the eggplant and lightly toss
    7. sprinkle the rictotta and then the parmesean
        cheese over the top
    8. this recipe should serve 6 or more
         

No comments:

Post a Comment