About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

ENGLISH PLUM PUDDING (CHRISTMAS PUDDING ASHTON STYLE #130)

Wednesday, December 19, 2012


ENGLISH PLUM PUDDING ASHTON STYLE #(130)

INGREDIENTS:
     1/2 cup of curants
     2 1,2 cups black raisins
     1 cup candied fruit
     zest of one lemon
     3 cups suet cut up and minced
     1 cup minced walnuts
     1 1/2 cups flour
     1 tab baking powder
     3 cups soft breadcrumbs
     1 tsp ground allspice
     2 tsp cinnamon
     1 tsp salt
     2 cups sugar
     1/2 cup brandy
     1 cup molasses
     5 eggs
DIRECTIONS:
     1. mix all fruit together (set aside)
     2. mix flour, cinnamon, allspice,baking powder,
         and salt (set aside)
     3. add 5 eggs into a mixer
     4. add sugar and slowly mix
     5. add bread crumbs and mix
     6. add suet and continue mixing
     7.add walnuts
     8.add flour mixture, stir in
     9.add fruit and stir in
    10. add  molasses and incorporate
    11. add brandy and incorporate about
          10 minutes
    12  at this point you can pour the mixture into
           a foiled oven proof bowl lg enough to
           hold mixture; or pour extra into smaller
           bowls  and cover with foil or do
           the cheese cloth traditional method as
           follows; I put mine into bowls!
    13. place each piece in center of cloth and
          lift the 4 sides and tie
    14. using 2 lg pots or lg 4 " high pan sides, fill
          water about 1/3rd with water
    15. using a rod longer than the pan tie the
          cheese cloth to the middle and first put the
          pan in each oven and place the ball in the middle
          and make sure the ball does not touch the water
          bake at 325 degees for 2 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment