About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

BEEF STROGANOFF ASHTON STYLE #(59)

     Believe it or not all beef stroganoff is not the same!  The following recipe is a variation of one that a
friend of mine uses.  To me, it is important that food should not taste bland and some stroganoff recipes are just that.  My variation of this classic Russian recipe has taste and richness in flavor. ENJOY

INGREDIENTS:
     2 lbs of boneless ribeye steak or any tender beef
     1 cup of flour
     1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
     1 stick of butter cut into pieces
     2 lg onions peeled cut in half and sliced
     4 cloves of garlic peeled and minced
     1 lb of  mushrooms cut in half
     8 oz of sour cream
     3 tab Millers or equiv. beef base
     1/2 cup good sherry wine
     3 tab of  good paprika
     16 oz of wide good egg noodles

DIRECTIONS:
     1. partially freeze meat and slice into 1/2 inch strips
     2. peel and slice onions
     3. pour virgin olive oil and the butter pieces in a large
         fry pan over moderate heat constantly stiring until
         the butter is melted
     4. fry onions and mushrooms in the oil butter until
         golden brown (set aside)
     5. add the garlic and fry about 5 minutes constantly
         stiring ( don't burn!) (set aside)
     6. dredge meat in the flour until all sides are covered
     7. fry coated meat in the oil and butter until all is browned
     8. mix the sherry wine and beef base and
.        add to the pan and stir in with the meat and cook about 10 minutes
     9. add the paprika and stir into the meat until incorporated
    10.add the sour cream and stir in until incorporated
         continue cooking for about 5 to 10 minutes
    11. cook the wide noodles until adente
    12. put some noodles in the middle of each plate and
          add the stroganoff to cover most of the noodles
    13. this recipe will serve 6 or more people generously
    

No comments:

Post a Comment