About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Monday, March 2, 2015

LIMA BEAN SOUP WITH SPAGHETTI ASHTON STYLE #227

      .My middle daughter Kari is the only one of our four kids who would eat lima beans. That is until I made Lima Bean soup!  Now most of the family actually likes it. Soup is a favorite dish especially in winter.  It also is great as a starter for a meal followed by a salad.  My list of kinds of soups is quite extensive and will allow you to offer some great choices depending on the main course!  I would encourage you to try this soup as well as others in this site
INGREDIENTS:
     1 1/2 lb of dried lima beans
     2 lbs smoked sausage
     2 medium onions peeled and sliced
     4 stalks celery minced
     4 carrots peeled and minced
     4 cherry tomatoes minced
     6 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
     2 cobbs of corn with kernals cut off
     1 stick of butter,  cut into pieces
     1 cup of heavy cream
     1/2 cup virgin olive oil
     1 tbs of salt and 1/2 tsp white pepper
DIRECTIONS
     1, soak the 1 1/2 lbs of lima beans in 3 qts of water
         overnight 
     2. cut the smoked sausage into 1 or so inch pieces
     3. pour 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil and butter into
         a large fry and simmer about 10 minutes
    4. add the minced onions, celery, garlic, tomatoes,
         salt and pepper, and beans and simmer an additional 15 minutes
   5.  add cream and 3 qts water and simmer about an
        hour and a half on low heat
   6. will serve 6 to 8 people generously
    

    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment