About Me

My photo
FRANK ASHTON CLASSIC ITALIAN AND ADDITIONAL RECIPES: My name is Frank Ashton and I live in the Cleveland Ohio area. I was a high school art teacher for 33 years. I love painting,especially Impressionism; and traveling with my wife; but my other love is for cooking. Over the years I have probably cooked for some 20,000 people. This includes cooking free for many groups to raise funds for worthy causes. Most of my recipes are original from me and some from my mother or my wife Dottie. This has led me to decide to share my original recipes with others. This site has 110 recipes to date! My goal is to be able to give real recipes that really are excellent. One should not expect anything exotic; but I will guarantee they will impress anyone who loves to eat. FIRST GO TO GOOGLE AND PRINT IN THE WHITE BOX FRANK ASHTON ORIGINAL RECIPES AND CLICK ON THAT. Frank Ashton Original Recipes should come up. To print a recipe save it to favorites and then click on the recipe on favorites and you will then be able to print it. THERE ARE OVER 50 VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) RECIPES LOOK FOR THE ASTERISK * IN FRONT OF EACH RECIPE OR WORDS VEGETARIAN STYLE

Saturday, March 16, 2013

ITALIAN CUTLETS WITH PANKO BREADING #154

     here is a variation of Italian breaded cutlets using Japanese Panko bread crumbs.  Does it make a difference? Yes!  This is a recipe that one can use veal, chicken, or even pork sirloin.  I encourage you to try it as it gives it a new taste to a very old and great Italian recipe. The pork sirloin when pounded thin will serve 4 to 6 people generously and is a good substitute for veal.  One can call this Italian cutlets or
German schnitzel depending if you are Italian or German.  Don't over cook as you want to have the meat
golden brown not dark brown.
INGREDIENTS:
     4 pieces of pork sirloin, veal, or chicken
     2 cups panko Japanese bread crumbs
     1 cup flour
     1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
     1 tbl dry mustard
     2 large eggs whipped
     4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
     1 tsp salt
     1/2 tsp black pepper
     1 tbl oregano
     1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
     juice of one lemon
DIRECTIONS:
     1. pound the pork sirloin  or other meat very
         thin  in a gallon size plastic bag using a mallet
     2. whip the eggs and put them in a shallow pan or
         bowl
     3. put the oregano and dry mustard, salt and pepper
         into the bowl with the Panko bread crumbs
     4. put the Panko bread crumbs into a shallow pan
         or bowl, and the flour in another shallow pan or bowl
     5. dredge the meat in the flour, then the egg mixture, and
         then in the Panko bread crumbs
     6. pour the virgin olive oil into a large fry pan over medium
         heat
     7. test the oil with a small piece of meat and then put the
         pieces into the oil and saute 3 or 4 minutes until golden
         brown and then, turn over and fry the other side again
         about 3 or 4 minutes until golden brown
     8. The pounded pork sirloin will serve 4 to 6 people
         generously, chicken or veal will serve 4 people
 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment